EPR – Extended Producers Responsibility
is the term introduced for all the producers, importers, brand owners, who are consuming plastic for their goods. EPR was earlier limited to only, e-waste PIBOs, but In PWM 2016 Rules, the government has extended it to Plastic PIBOs, to process the plastic used, generated, or discarded as waste, as much as possible.
There are approximately, 7 types of plastic that are used differently in various products based on their properties.
- PETE – Polyethylene Terephthalate
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC – U)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene or Styrofoam (PS)
Since plastic is harmful to the environment and it takes hundreds of years for it to decompose, recycling is one of the major solutions to the excessive amount of plastic being thrown at landfills, oceans, thinking of it to decompose one day.
Benefits of EPR: –
- The plastic recycling process has increased fourfold.
- Plastic Waste dumping into landfills or oceans will be reduced.
- New ways to use recycled plastic in existing products resulting in much more strength.
- Ecological Restoration: Alternative ways to consume less plastic.
- A complete cycle is built up from manufacturing to processing plastic, thus reducing environmental degradation caused by plastic.
Several PROs (Producer Responsibility Organisation) are taking care of providing methods and Services helpful for EPR Certification to PIBOs in getting their EPR Registration effectively.
Contact us, if you want to get your company registered for Plastic EPR. We are Plastic EPR Service providers with the facility of Collection, Transportation, and Disposal Facilities all over India.